Senior Channel Sales Manager
Greater Atlanta Area | Posted on: 09-23-2017
Aegex Technologies is the leader in providing Intrinsically Safe devices, sensors, and services to hazardous industries (Oil & Gas, Chemical Production, Emergency Management, etc.) and enable them to access real-time information, manage critical data and optimize their operations. Our Windows 10 Intrinsically Safe Tablets and IoT Platform have been deployed to hundreds of hazardous environments and we are looking for a Senior Channel Sales Manager to further penetrate these market opportunities.
Watch our latest video to see how Aegex is working with Nokia and Verizon to mitigate risk in hazardous industrial operations. Also, check out our latest tablet video.
The Sr. Channel Sales Manager will be a hunter leading our channel and direct customer sales activities; cultivating prospects to drive revenue.
Candidates considered for this role should possess 10 years of consultative field sales experience with global customers in oil & gas, chemical, pharmaceutical, power, and/or a related heavy industry vertical. Experience should be focused on helping these industries digitally transform their operations through new technology (e.g. Industrial IoT, Windows 10, etc.) and include a seasoned approached to closing deals: listening, qualifying, documenting end user customer use cases, developing new usage scenarios, and solution selling into clients’ environments and pain points.
Successful candidates will demonstrate familiarity with channel sales, strategic partnership management, strategic account management, and business development. You must form positive, productive management relationships with Distributors, VARs and End User Customers to succeed in building and closing deals within your pipeline and holding the channel accountable for disclosing each end user customer’s needs, location, and related usage information contributing to Aegex’s Class 1 – Division 1 Intrinsic Safety value proposition.
This is a complex sales cycle involving the application of general and sector specific business acumen and technical knowledge across multiple decision influencers. Candidates should demonstrate strong sales/marketing skills including needs analysis, business justification, and closing methodologies to ensure that end user customers are protected and able to use any of Aegex’s distribution and channel partners to achieve Aegex sales targets.
As a Sr. Channel Sales Manager, you will:
- Close industrial technology, automation, and IoT sales to the oil and gas, chemical, pharma, agriculture, and related heavy industries.
- Partner across a global team of local and international sales managers, inside sales, and sales engineers in a co-sell approach with strategic partners, VARs, and Distribution partners.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert on Aegex’s technology and articulate the company’s offerings to partners and their customers including understanding the Microsoft Windows 10 operating system and its capabilities.
- Identify and develop manufacturer reps and Value-Added Reseller (VAR) channel partners committed to selling Aegex products.
- Facilitate joint selling opportunities between Aegex, channel partners and the end user customers pulling Distribution and VAR partners into Aegex business opportunities and managing third party transactions.
- Seek to understand customer’s needs beyond the obvious by utilizing questioning skills to gain a deep understanding of core customer business and processes.
- Execute contact and engagement tactics using customer profile information to ensure all purchase influencers are adequately informed and will affirmatively support purchasing decisions.
- Utilize the best negotiation approach based on pre-negotiation knowledge including planning for successful negotiations, and seeking out opportunities for mutual problem solving to create win/win solutions utilizing collaborative approaches when appropriate.
- Understand concessions are conditional and should be used to improve profitability, overcome buyer tactics and utilize non-monetary concessions appropriately.
- Provide accurate and timely management information on end user opportunities, channel forecasts, and revenue forecasts.
- Manage transaction contracts, sales operations, channel conflicts, and deal booking issues.
- Work with marketing to plan marketing collateral and marketing events for strategic and VAR partners.
- Stay current on relevant market/industry trends.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 10 years’ experience in a consultative sales role in the energy, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, chemical, and/or agricultural sectors building and growing a channel, managing key customer relationships and closing strategic opportunities.
- Experience selling digital solutions/hardware to industries with hazardous work locations.
- Able to demonstrate strong personal sales effort both as an individual contributor and as part of a team.
- Proactive self-starter demonstrating personal initiative, positive attitude under pressure, independent problem solving, and strong team cultivation skills.
- Able to demonstrate account and customer relationship management of deal pipeline through all aspects of the sales life-cycle; leads, prospect qualification, bidding scenarios, deal closing, follow-on sales cultivation, etc.
- Strong, savvy negotiation skills and approach.
- Experience building and scaling go-to-market strategies and sales plans and closing 5-6 figure deals.
- Experience utilizing a CRM (preferably Salesforce) to manage sales tasks, pipeline, reporting, and forecasting.
- Experience providing summary status reports including relevant market and customer feedback to the leadership team.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Travel required.